Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halloween

With the season of thankfulness upon us, I wanted to share how thankful I am for our church family and friends.  Halloween with two little ones is kinda crazy and stressful- staying up past bedtimes plus a sugar overload can lead to some unusually high maintenance little ones.  I found out Jonathan would be working on Halloween so I would be solo about a month in advance.  I knew it would be fine, but I was expecting it would not be one of our most fun evenings and that it would require a super extra dose of patience and perseverance from this mama.

How relieved I was when we were invited to a Halloween Party at one of our friends house, the Lees, with the rest of our small group and member from our Sunday School.  It ended up being a great night!  Although I had them solo, I was surrounded by several families more than willing to lend a hand, hold a child or pull our wagon while I wrangled our other one.  It will be a memory I cherish with the kids- my fish and octopus and the fun and fellowship we enjoyed this Halloween.  So, a big thank you to everyone who  helped me out- it means more than you know!! 

Thank you for being an example of 1 Thessalonians 5:11:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." 

OK- so here are some pictures-

Girl loves animal crackers

We spent a lot of time the week of Halloween "practicing" trick-r-treat

More practice and instruction for Abigail

Checking each other out

My octopus

Sweet Elsie Leslein- or the Princess Fairy

She had a look of confusion most of the night- I think I would too- it is a bazaar night

In action

Abigail mostly just pushed the wagon around

My favorite of Katherine

Abigail in action

Just riding and eating suckers


My fish

No comments:

Post a Comment